Let’s focus on the challenges to handle our emotions.
1. Surround yourself with people : Recognise people who are in healthy relationships and surround yourself with such people. Watch how they treat you and others. This can be a lesson learnt in discretion.
2. Identify safe people: Identifying people who are safe for you can be the first step of sharing your emotions with them and letting it all out.
3. How you interact with others: How we interact with others, and how much we are ready to share with others should be observed. And further, we should work on it.
4. Notice feelings: Address the emotions and the feelings that you are facing. This will help in knowing about your emotional state and create more clarity.
5. Words to feelings: often people struggle to articulate their feelings into words. Instead, we should challenge ourselves to express the way we feel.
6. Get in touch with feelings: Spending time with oneself, surrounded by nature or having a hobby can help in connecting with oneself in a deeper level. This will help to address the feelings better.
7. Remind yourself: When the challenges start to get tiring, it is important to take a break and remind yourself that vulnerability is a long process and can take time. It is better to not rush.
8. Explore root issues: Emotional unavailability often steps from trauma or other past issues. It is important to explore the root cause of emotional unavailability.
Negative emotions like fear, sadness, and anger are a basic part of life and sometimes we struggle with how to deal with them effectively. It can be tempting to act on what you’re feeling right away, but that often doesn’t fix the situation that caused the emotions. In fact, it may lead to more problems to deal with down the road.
Step 1: Pause
This step is important because instead of acting on feelings right away, you stop yourself and think things through. Count to 100 or say the alphabet backwards.
Step 2: Acknowledge What You’re Feeling
For example, are you mad at someone, or are you sad because your feelings were hurt by what they did? Whatever it is that you are feeling, it is ok to feel that way.
Step 3: Think
Now that you have taken a few moments to figure out what exactly it is that you are feeling, think about how you can make yourself feel better.
Step 4: Help
Take an action to help yourself based upon what you came up with in the “Think” step.
We may think that Emotional Intelligence and Laws of attraction may not go together. Emotional Intelligence is having clarity about your feelings and feelings of other persons. If you are at middle of something then clarity and awareness about situation and circumstances also matters and plays the crucial role in Emotional Balance.
We attract what we think. Like this is the universal truth. Vision boards attracts that we draw or write on that. Means we are pouring our energy. Emotions means Energy + motions. So why not to put position positive energy into our actions so that, it shall attract positive and desired result. What you feel, what you consistently think about You get.
I remember one such situation occurred at my clients place. A typical case of Leader Vs team members and their conflicts. Various soft skill trainings have been arranged to solve these conflicts. But situation has not improved.
Even it got worst stage, again team and leaders had gone through same soft skill trainings and corporate trainings. But no one has focused on positive thinking, laws of attraction with emotional intelligence.
In corporate life team and leaders should believe that everything happens for a reason. You have to take a time to understand each and every moment of life which is creating conflicts. Everything happens for a reason. This habit will change a mode from reactive to proactive. The big question is how do we use our mind for success?
“One simple “Why – Why analysis will give & us the clarity about situation, people and their behaviour. This will create so masters into conflicts handling. So that we can handle our emotions intelligently
I have conducted the survey for 100 corporate employees. 100% people said that Emotional Intelligent plays the vital role in the Employees Performance. 68% people said that they have not attended or arranged any Emotional Intelligent trainings. At each stage of Employee life Cycle Emotional Intelligent matters a lot.
If You Are Having Trouble Thinking Of Ways To Help Yourself, Try One (Or A Few) From This List:
• Read the story of someone you admire
• Watch a funny YouTube video
• Play with an animal
• Watch a movie you loved when you were younger
• Reorganize your room
• Make a list of places you want to travel
Address Your Basic Needs
• Eat a healthy snack.
• Drink a glass of water.
• Take a shower or bath.
• Take a nap.
Remember: “We are more intelligent than our emotions”